Friday, July 28, 2006

Puzzled of Reading ...

Joseph P. kennedy by R.F.K ....
He has called on the best that was in us. There was no such thing as half trying. Whether it was running a race or catching a football, competing in school- we were to try. And we were to try harder than anyone else. We might not be the best, and none of us were, but we were to make the effort to be the best. "After you have done the best you can, " he used to say "the hell with it".

"Best" if I read that one more time I'd scream ,what and why is that ?Tremendous pressure on his children is all I hear. I don't want to be the best knitter , the best mother even because that is relative . I don't like the whole ethos I think it goes hand in hand with potential cheating , unhappiness and a deep sense of failure. I hope I say "enjoy it and if you don't try something else" . This ghastly idea that any human is the best in anyway must have caused pain in so many areas .

No comments: