Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Cherry has tagged me so...

Five things feminism has done for me...
1) Voting
2) Property rights
3) Like Cherry the right to work if I wanted to and I don't.
4) Again like Cherry ...trousers ,what a liberating joy .I manage to find high waist still because low-rise look ugly and so uncomfortable.
5)Being able to stand for election even though again I have no real desire to .


Thanks Cherry that was thought provoking and to be honest I hated leaving out my very equal partnership ..Jeff irons and does housework far better than me but I think the rights I listed are important even if I choose not to use any.

8 comments:

Alice said...

Thanks for your comment.....likewise! I'm especially glad about the property and finances.

Artis-Anne said...

Thanks for your post . I wanted to put wearing trousers as well and totally agree , they HAVE to be high waist ones for me

Cherry Rolfe said...

Thanks for bringing such clear universal changes to the fore Angie - and where do you buy your trousers!!!

Cherry Rolfe said...

I would love to know what Holly thinks about feminism - I think Binky is oblivious to the significance, but I know Holly is more aware of history

angie cox said...

I usually buy them in the East sale or even have three year old ones from Primark when they did 100% linen. Luckily being short helps as the critch to waist isn't long for me .

angie cox said...

We've both been reading about Henrietta Maria and she is shocked how sexist it was for even a rich woman. She is also very aware and horrified by Muslim women who wear the whole "bag" so to speak .She isn't religious and can't believe in a God who thinks women are so shocking you have to cover them up. If she lived in a society without the vote she'd fight for it. I think that is our biggest worry .My Pakistani friend came over three years ago and she has a job ,is very modern yet can't wear jeans which she longs for ,Holly was horrified.

Charity said...

I love your feminism list, Angie! It's easy for me to just take for granted all the rights and privledges I have in my daily life - what a good reminder!

angie cox said...

Cherry started it and her list is interesting ,havn't found one that isn't .It's really hard to imagine not having the right to vote just because I am a woman !!