Saturday, August 19, 2006

Blogs to avoid!

Having foolishly strayed onto one blog because it was listed on the V&A site, I found nothing but nastiness and bitching, elitist smart remarks and put downs. This is not a surprise because the blog in question has rules. A long list of what you should discuss and the suggestion that if you get it wrong you lack the superior intellect to be part of the circle.

The second is also popular but more so, but comes over as so incredibly elitist that today potential comment leavers are threatened not to leave any about a certain much discussed subject. They really so remind me of the characters in Inspector Morse, who lived in the ivory towers of Oxfords elite and never stopped thinking that they were above Oxford's common hoard. Morse hated them and I know how he feels

4 comments:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I used to call that kind of behaviour 'sado-intellectualism'... Actually, now I come to think of it, I still do! You trust to your own intelligence girl.

Angie said...

Absolutely Jo ..I'm pretty sure that with a better attitude they'd get nearly as many comments as Yarn Harlot .

Badger said...

There are too many blogs and forums like that unfortunately. Surely all bloggers should be welcoming comments, rather than trying to constrain free speech?

Angie said...

Exactly what I was thinking yesterday "Freedom of Speech" and they are both American .That does not mean rudeness or anything like that of course.