Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Time to wash all those knits.

It's a bright ,windy day here so I have hand-washed about six sweaters so far to hang out ready for chillier days. The capelets are fine at the moment for Holly and I wear Pashminas .It won't be long before I can wear my mostly chunky jackets. I really can't do fine knitting now. Holly is reading a Robert Graves book I found in my workroom when she should be typing an essay but I love it when she reads things I had stuck away for decades .

4 comments:

Jo said...

Which Robert Graves? It's great that she's reading a really good writer, in the old tradition. Sometimes when I see the current standards I am scared that the day will come when NO ONE will actually know how to write grammatically and well...
And I know what you mean about sensory overload. I have in the last few days seen so many yarns, so many stunning designs on the Net that I really should stop surfing...
Jo

Charity said...

It's hard to believe how quickly the cold weather is coming! The leaves here are all turning yellow, I suppose it's time for me to be getting the clothing ready, too. :0)

angie cox said...

Hi Jo ..it's "The Golden Fleece".She always love myths and needs more grown-up ones .I shall buy her some more .It's over and out and soon off to your site!

angie cox said...

You'll get real winter Charity which must be very difficult sometimes.But I would love it ,it's mostly wishy-washy here. Where we live it's sheltered in a valley and just stays bland .So today with a cool breeze was lovely.